Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Congressman Votes With His Constituents, Was Canned But Now Reinstated By Weak Kneed Boehner

EPIC FAIL : BOEHNER RETURNS MEADOWS TO CHAIRMANSHIP AFTER BUCK KEEPS POST

House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman
Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT)
80%
 and 
Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC)
96%
 jointly announced Thursday that Meadows would get his subcommittee chairmanship back after being punished for voting against House leadership on the Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) legislation that gave President Obama fast track authority to finalize his trade negotiations without amendments from Congress.

Chaffetz said in a press statement:
Last week I announced a change in the Government Operations sub-committee chairmanship. A number of people have asked me to reconsider that decision. Having spoken with 
Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC)
96%
 several times during the past week, I think we both better understand each other. I respect Mark and his approach. The discussions and candor have been healthy and productive. Ultimately, I believe we both want to do what is best for the country. Obviously I believe in 
Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC)
96%
 or I would not have appointed him to this position in the first place. It is in the best interest of the Committee to move forward together. Therefore, I have asked Mark to continue in his role as sub-committee Chairman.
“I greatly appreciate Chairman 
Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT)
80%
’ willingness to reconsider his decision, as well as my Oversight and Government Reform Committee colleagues’ support. I will continue to vote and conduct myself in accordance with my conscience, what my constituents want me to do, and what is best for the country,” vowed Meadows.
I look forward to continuing my work as Subcommittee Chairman of Government Operations under the leadership of the Oversight Committee Chairman. I know we are both dedicated to conducting real and meaningful oversight for the American people.
This comes on the same day that Freshman Class President 
Rep. Ken Buck (R-CO)
83%
 was called for a meeting where rumor had it that he would also be removed from his position for voting against House leadership on TPA, as Breitbart News reportedyesterday.
However, no vote was held.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your comments are needed for helping to improve the discussion.