Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Friday, September 11, 2015

Trump And Carson (Ben, Not Johnny), Could This Be A Team?

Ben Carson Calls Out Trump: I Don't Deny My Faith

Image: Ben Carson Calls Out Trump: I Don't Deny My FaithBen Carson (Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)
By Greg Richter   |   Wednesday, 09 Sep 2015 08:33 PM

Ben Carson, in second place to Donald Trump in the GOP presidential race, has in the past two days highlighted the differences between himself and Trump.

"I realize where my successes comes from, and I don’t in any way deny my faith in God," Carson said in response to a question Wednesday about what sets him apart from Trump.

"By humility and the fear of the Lord are riches, and honor and life. That's a big part of who I am," Carson said during an Orange County, California rally. "I don't get that impression with [Trump.] Maybe I'm wrong. I don't get that impression."

In a recent Bloomberg TV appearance, Trump declined to name a favorite Bible verse, calling his faith "personal," though he has touted the Bible as the only book better than his own "Art of the Deal."

Carson also appeared Tuesday on Fox News Channel's "The Kelly File," and was asked by host Megyn Kelly if he would care to share a favorite verse.

"I do care to do it," Carson said, adding, "I have several favorite verses. But No. 1 would be Proverbs 3: 5-6: 'Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Lean not to your own understanding and all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your path.'"
Latest News Update

Next, he said, is Proverbs 22:4: "With humility and the fear of the Lord, that's where life and wealth come from."

Trump, not one to be attacked without hitting back, took to Twitter Wednesday night, noting that he is polling higher than Carson with Evangelical Christians.
© 2015 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your comments are needed for helping to improve the discussion.